Sunday, October 12, 2014

Meet My Character

I’ve been tagged to answer a few questions about a character I’ve created by my amazing friend, Bekah Berge. It took me a minute to figure out that this is basically the modern equivalent of a chain letter from days of yore. However, a tag, unlike a chain letter, cannot be torn into tiny bits and eaten in order to avoid passing it on (true story). Just so you know, my character lives in a picture book aimed at 6-8 year old children. So here goes…



1. What is the name of your character? Is he/she a fictional or historical person?
Ty is the main character in this story. He is fictional, but I see a little of myself in him.
                                                   
2. When and where is the story set?
This story is contemporary and takes place in a town/city somewhere, but the characters are anthropomorphic.

3. What should we know about him/her?
Ty is a nerdy, horn-rimmed glasses wearing T-Rex who carries a pocket dictionary around with him wherever he goes. He doesn’t have friends because no one understands him (literally). He likes to use big words that he’s learned from reading the dictionary.

4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
Ty wins the class spelling bee and his prize is to get a treat with his teacher and a friend. But he doesn’t have any friends…

5. What is the personal goal of the character?
Ty spends the story doing his best to make friends with other dinosaurs so he doesn’t have to be embarrassed when he shows up alone to have his treat with his teacher.

6. Is there a working title for this novel?
Yes, but it's a surprise. It's a made up word describing the type of dinosaur Ty is.


7. When can we expect the novel to be published?
You never know, maybe I’ll win the agent/publisher finding lottery and it will happen soon. But it is currently nowhere near being published.

And now I tag another superb writer, Yamile Mendez.

1 comment: